Nutrition has never been as important as is it today. People are becoming more and more attentive to what they are eating and what will help them stay as healthy as possible. There are a few things that I recommend to all my clients. Stay away from Gluten, the effects are not worth it. You will feel so much better when you remove it from your diet. Secondly, incorporate about 75% of protein into your meals and leave about 25% for complex carbohydrates, remember, anything white is bad for you! Finally, I believe in a regimen of daily vitamins. Along with a good multivitamin, fiber, iron, B-12, and calcium with vit-D, I recommend the following be a part of your daily nutrition routine. These can be easily found at your health food store or online from www.easy2swallowvitamins.com.
Importance of Fish Oil in your everyday diet and nutrition plan…
- One major health advantage that one can obtain from the use of Omega-3 fish oil is that it helps in the reduction of triglycerides by up to 50 %. This is important and may help prevent heart disease as well as the onset of diabetes. Considering this health benefit – even the FDA approved and recommended certain fish oil supplements recently.
- Another benefit of Omega-3 fish oil is that it can reduce high-blood pressure in a person very effectively because of its ability to expand the blood vessels.
- Many people with depression and other known mental health problems have been found to have lower levels of essential fatty acids in their blood. Recent studies show that fish oil may be beneficial in the treatment of depression.
- Decreases pain and inflammation… Consuming Fish oil moderately decreases exercise-related inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response.
- Studies suggest that the fatty acids found in some fish promote ideal brain function…Increasing the amount of omega-3s you consume may improve one’s memory and general IQ.
- A growing body of evidence to the effect that omega-3 fatty acids can help to prevent the promotion and progression of certain cancers. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.
- Omega 3 fish oil believed to be beneficial for treating rheumatoid arthritis in some people.
- Fish oil can slow down or reverse the process of atherosclerotic plaques.
Why is a B-Complex Vitamin important to help me lose weight and stay active???
There are basically eight essential vitamins that comprise Vitamin B Complex. They are : Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide or Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine or Pyridoxamine), Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) and lastly Vitamin B12 (Cobalamins or Cyanocobalamin). This combination of vitamins is necessary for the processes of the body to function properly. This group of water-soluble vitamins plays an essential role in cell metabolism, immunity and nervous system functions.
- One of the Vitamin B complex benefits is energy production. With Vitamin B1, the carbohydrates that we consume are converted into glucose. After that, Biotin, Vitamins B2, B3, B5, and B6 help in converting the glucose into energy. This is why if a person has a deficiency in these vitamins, fatigue and lethargy could be felt by him.
- Another of the Vitamin B complex benefits is promoting of healthy nervous system. The Vitamin B5 that is included in Vitamin B complex helps in the correction of the adrenal glands’ functioning and in the production of substances to regulate the nerves and hormones. More so, Vitamins B1, B6 and B12 assist in the correction and the regulation of the nervous system’s functions, which includes the functioning of the brain.
- Good digestion is another benefit of the Vitamin B complex. It helps in proper digestion and healthy production of hydrochloric acid (HCL) which the acid breaks down carbohydrates, fats and proteins more efficiently. Deficiency in Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6, digestion could be seriously impaired and one could have severe digestion problems as a result.
- Also another Vitamin B complex benefits is alleviating of stress and anxiety. They are very useful and beneficial in helping to relieve the symptoms of anxiety and stress caused by the hustle and bustle in life especially for busy executives that have tons of workloads to complete and working parents that need to juggle between work and family. Because of stress and anxiety caused by various factors, many individuals couldn’t sleep well and that is where Vitamin B1, B3, B6 and B12 will assist in alleviating sleep problems as well as normalizing sleep patterns to allow such individuals to handle stress and anxiety. A deficiency in any of the Vitamin B Complex vitamins can lead to feeling stressed, anxious and depressed.
- There are more Vitamin B complex benefits that you can have by taking natural vitamin b foods that are rich in B vitamins (e.g. whole grains, beans, bananas, brewer’s yeast, etc.). Watch out for the gluten though!
- It can help you not only in making your nails, hair, and skin healthier and also giving you a great general well-being and superior health benefits. we need the following B vitamins to ensure the good health of these structures – Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Biotin and Choline. Deficiencies of any of these B Vitamins can lead to dry, grey skin, dermatitis, wrinkles, acne, rashes, falling hair and weak, splitting nails.
B Vitamins are water-soluble which means any excess will be excreted through the urine. This also means that B Vitamins need to be taken on a daily basis, as the only one we can store is Vitamin B12. Taking a high dose Vitamin B Complex (50mg – 100mg) daily can turn urine a bright fluorescent, this is perfectly safe and normal so don’t be alarmed! Keep up on your daily water intake of at least 64 ounces.