Did you make a healthy New Year’s resolution? Maybe you joined a weight center like Weight Watchers or Nutri-Systems, maybe a gym or perhaps you have a home program you are starting with? I would like to remind you not to get so comfortable & into a routine that you forget about your personal safety. Heading out to the gym before the sun comes up or walking after dark may be new to you. Let’s make sure you are prepared.
- Did you decide to take up walking or jogging as part of your New Year’s Resolution? It’s always safer to walk in a group or with a friend.
- If you are walking alone always carry your pepper spray & I would also recommend a mini flashlight (for walking in the evening).
- Always try to park under a light if you are heading to the gym early in the morning or after dark.
- If you don’t have access to a locker with an individual lock where you can leave your purse, don’t take it with you.
- I recommend leaving your purse at home or locking it in your trunk (through the inside of the car if possible).
- Avoid hanging your keys on the “peg” just inside the gym door. Try to find a way to keep them with you. It’s too easy for someone to grab them without anyone noticing. Congratulations and good luck to everyone with a goal! You can do it!!! Remember, safety can be simple!
Tracy Vega, Co-Founder- Simple Self Defense for Women