Safety is probably the last thing on your mind as you pick out your perfect red outfit, matching heels and jewelry. After all, Valentine’s Day is supposed to be about love and romance! Many may receive the perfect proposal, others will walk down the aisle and unfortunately some may become the victim of a potential threat or attack. Let us remind you of some simple safety tip,s before you head out on cupid’s special day.
- You may not have all the details about your date; but, tell someone close to you as much information as you can. Details such as your date’s name, what kind of car they drive, and what time they are picking you up. These can all be very important details, in case something goes wrong.
- Keep your drink in your possession, or cover it if you have to walk away. If you are suspicious about it for any reason, ask for another. Only you know how much liquor you can handle. Be sure to stop, before you have had too much.
- Remember that it’s ok to say NO to anything that is making you uncomfortable.
- Always have your pepper spray with you. No excuses – it will fit in the tiniest purse. Remember it’s legal in all 50 states!
- Most importantly, trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Remember: A couple seconds of something bad happening to you will change the rest of your life.
For additional safety tips or to have us as a guest speaker or conduct a workshop visit our website: www.simpleselfdefenseforwomen.com
Remember, safety can be simple!
Tracy Vega, Co-Founder- Simple Self Defense for Women